Friday, October 3, 2014

Crochet Round-Up: Halloween

Halloween is less than four weeks away, so if you haven't started crocheting your Halloween items, it's time to get on it! Here are a few of my favorite crochet goodies I've seen lately for the holiday. 

"The Slutty Pumpkin" Self-Striping Sock Yarn

NomadicYarns on Etsy
I originally saw this yarn made into a pair of knitted socks. The vibrancy of the colors and the name caught me off guard. Who doesn't love a couple How I Met Your Mother references? But seriously, the series finale. I digress, but leave your thoughts below if you've seen it, I still have mixed emotions.

Halloween Bat Banner

plus 3 crochet
Plus 3 Crochet is making the cutest Halloween banners this year to help save up for a surgery. Knowing your money is going to a good cause is a great excuse to treat yourself to something this adorable. Hang it up for the kiddo's party during the day and then darken the place up with some creepy cobwebs and spiders.

Little Pumpkin Free Pattern

Petals to Picots

I confess, these little pumpkins have been sitting in my Pinterest account for a couple years now. They're too cute but I've never managed to buy pumpkin orange yarn! Please let me live vicariously through you and send me pictures (or a link to your post) of these little guys if you make any.

Spiders Climbing Walls Free Pattern

Red Heart
I want to make one of these spiders so badly! I would make the spiders even creepier by giving them small beady eyes instead of the silly giant ones pictured above.

Classy Casper Free Pattern

Ahooka Amigurumi

What Halloween would be complete without your friendly neighborhood ghost? This ghost is inspired by Casper, made classy with a red bow tie. As a kid I loved the 1995 movie Casper with Christina Ricci and was determined I would one day be nicknamed Kat. The nickname never quite stuck but I never lost my love for the movie or the ghost.


I am a huge fan of Halloween, always have been. I already picked out my costume for the year and I'm planning a pumpkin-carving party as soon as I return from my Canadian Thanksgiving vacation. Whether you love to be frightened and startled, or would rather chew off a leg before watching a horror movie, Halloween is just one of those seasons that has something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hi, I'd love to hear your thoughts!