Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Finished: Basket for Crochet

Ravelry Project
I made this basket following the Ombre Basket pattern from Crochet in Color. The base of the basket was made of half double crochets and the body was all single crochets, making this basket a very simple pattern. Ideal for beginners who have mastered squares and the basic stitches because you get to practice working in the round, and the only "weird" step is switching from the base to the body when you crochet into the side of the hdcs instead of the normal loops. The picture tutorial explains this step very clearly, however, so it's still something anyone could figure out. Using more than one strand at a time was new for me, but after a couple rounds I was up to speed. I think the biggest hook I own (6.5mm / K) was still a little too small as I kept losing one strand and having to pick it back up again.

The only trouble that could have been attributed to the pattern is that the handles weren't perfectly symmetrical in placement, but I can't say that it's the pattern's fault because I was enjoying a glass of wine while finishing this up! It's not noticeable unless you're looking for it, so I'm not going to waste yarn to fix it.

I can't be the only one, so tell me about a project you messed up while relaxing!

1 comment:

  1. You mean wine doesn't make the project go better...egads, why didn't someone tell me that sooner. I do sometimes the next time I pick something...think oophs. Cute little basket!
    Visiting YOP Mates

    ReplyDelete

Say hi, I'd love to hear your thoughts!