Monday, June 17, 2013

Superman Crochet Round Up

I have had the new Superman movie's theme set on my Google Chrome browser since I got my laptop almost a year ago. One could say I'm a little excited. I am going to see the movie on Tuesday, but in the mean time, here are some great crochet patterns and goodies that are Superman themed!




I am dying to try turning one of these charts into a giant afghan! Did you see the Harley Davidson chart I linked on Twitter?. This website has a ton of super hero charts, so maybe I'll have to do a set of coffee mug cozies or scarves for the boyfriend's buddies. I've heard these work great with single crochets and the afghan stitch (aka Tunisian simple stitch) which are both square stitches.












SO. CUTE. It's from Arjeloops on Etsy. There's only one and it's reserved, but maybe if we ask really sweetly she'll make more. Earth needs more Superman.













Here's a downloadable pattern for a similar stuffed Superman for $5 by BotShop on Etsy.












Not Superman-specific, this is a free pattern for the iconic red cape. Alternatively make it in black and your little one turns into Batman. A crocheted cape would be perfect for those chilly Halloween nights.









Do you have any tips for working with charts? Who's the super hero lover in your life? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

Say hi, I'd love to hear your thoughts!